SHAFFE is open to country or sector orientated trade organizations of fresh produce located in the Southern Hemisphere and includes all those trade entities that represent the interests of individual exporters and growers of fresh produce.
Each current member is responsible for organizing their countries participation in SHAFFE. Any additional incorporation of members is validated by the existing country member and then reviewed by the executive committee of SHAFFE.
The neutral and representative status of SHAFFE allows country members a wide range of services including:
1. Formation: Facilitates the access of member countries to specialized and pertinent training
2. Timely information: Includes accessing timely and relevant industry information such as:
- Southern Hemisphere seasonal crop and volume outlooks
- Monitoring of trade, sustainability, policy and market developments that can be used by members to engage policy makers and government authorities in their own countries
3. Instance for generating and co – financing joint projects and collaborations amongst country members
4. Networking with like industry organizations and representatives to review opportunities and challenges facing country members.
To join SHAFFE or request further information, please contact the SHAFFE secretariat